Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." Oprah Winfrey

__________________________________________________________________________
I'm listening to Ms.Hill by Talib Kweli on repeat. Bouncing to the beat. fantastic. The hook is beautiful.

I agree.

I'm trying not to procrastinate - working on a exciting project. I'll write about it later I suppose, but I don't want to jinx it. For this project I am rehashing stories of travel and working in the airline industry. But I need a break, diversion - so here it is:

I had a memorable weekend. I turned 30 - the best birthday of my memory. A crazy party friday night - a wild mix of people, pinata's, food & Drink. I stood back a few times and watched friends I haven't seen for years, and friends that are a part of my daily life - and I was so grateful. No one from my family called or wrote- but with friends like I have...To those that threw the party for me - I don't think I can even communicate how greatful I am. I will carry that night with me.

I got some great loot :) I love that moment when you open a present - and you know the person that gave it to you knows you. I didn't have any of those "DO YOU EVEN KNOW ME?!?!" moments. You know, when you've hated coffee your whole life and a lifelong friend buys you a years worth of ground coffee beans.

Saturday was - ahhh...nice and sweet. Late breakfast with a good friend, lazy day reading...perfect. At midnight, I sat upstairs and accepted my fate as I moved into my 30's. Someone else's birthday raged below me. Someone much younger.
I love it. I wouldn't be 20 or 24 agian. I am ready to let go of my 20's. But I still want people to think I look 25. I still like that. I am a girl after all.

This decade is shaping up quite nicely so far.

Sunday night one of my roommates, Jamin - friends Laura, and Rosilyn thru me a intimate, fancy desert sit down. I blew my candles out and ate homemade cake. They gave me 30 individually wrapped presents. I felt so loved.

So that's it. I'm 30.

I'm off to NYC next week. I can't wait. It will be my first time in the city while I'm in my thirties.

"I'm thirty years old, but I read at the thirty-four-year-old level." - Dana Carvey

3 comments:

Bonikastjames said...

It was a great party and you deserved it. I'll never forget walking into my kitchen seeing you laid out on my bar... that was hilarous.

I hope this is the best decade of your life (to date) and that you have lots of good 30's memories.

Have fun in NYC!

Michelle Auer said...

Happy Birthday! In many ways I feel like my life REALLY started at 30... or maybe more like really started to make sense at 30...

BethInPortland said...

Seriously, Teresa, YOU are a fantastic human and I was HONORED to be a part of your bithrday!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!

 
Travel Journals Blog Directory My World at Blogged