Wednesday, October 10, 2007

When lightning crashes the world is alive.

Picture 282

Sometimes I jump in my car, turn whatever is in my CD player to the highest volume, and scream as loud as I can. I scream to feel alive

I feel the same way when I'm standing on the beach watching the ocean crash or standing in a country I've never been before.

Sometimes I sit in my room, writing or watching a movie - and everything inside me wants to just feel alive. But I bottle it up and turn up the volume or refresh my myspace screen :)

Below is a portion of verses from Ecclesiastics 11 that Beth sent out today:

"Oh, how sweet the light of day, And how wonderful to live in the sunshine!
Even if you live a long time, don't take a single day for granted. Take delight in each light-filled hour, remembering that there will also be many dark days and that most of what comes your way is smoke.
You who are young, make the most of your youth. Relish your youthful vigor. Follow the impulses of your heart. If something looks good to you, pursue it. But know also that not just anything goes; you have to answer to God for every last bit of it.
Live footloose and fancy free - You won't be young forever. Youth lasts about as long as smoke.
Honor and enjoy your Creator while you're still young, before the years take their toll and your vigor wanes, before your vision dims and the world blurs and the winter years keep you close to the fire."


In a way, this could be a part 2 from my last post. The above quotation is further inspiration to me to get on with the business of what I want my life to look like. Every part of it. While I'm here - on this earth, and before my vision dims and my world blurs, I don't want to waste one more effing minute. I want to feel alive, not just stagnant and floating down life.

I want to BE alive. I want my life to be every bit that I dream it to be - no longer do I want to procrastinate the big dreams of my heart. But I want to live them. To make a difference to my friends, to the world around me. Not to just take.

Everyday, somewhere lightning crashes, but we can wait forever and only manage to see it out in the distance.

No comments:

 
Travel Journals Blog Directory My World at Blogged